Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Work and Play

We had the last workshop of our magazine before the big presentation on Friday. Now our magazine has changed names AGAIN. It's the fourth name now, I think. We changed it from Pinpoint to Away because we're so tired of talking ourselves around in circles, we pretty much take all the advice of our critics. If they told us to put purple gremlins on the cover, we would. They didn't like my website too much except for the ideas and functionality of it. I think they were okay with the color scheme too. But they said it should be more playful--have fun with it. I was trying to make it look professional, so I guess it wasn't very interesting. I just made a new version. So far, the group likes the new one. I'm going to bed because it's almost midnight and class starts at 9am.

Tonight, I went to something called "Punch up your Life" at a bookstore/cafe. It's a weekly comedy show hosted by Pete Holmes, who we brought to UWL last year. He was funnier tonight than he was at school, I think. I don't remember all the comedians' names (there were four), but they were pretty good. There were tons of people there--I was surprised. I wouldn't have had to sit on the floor if I got there in time, but I wasn't paying attention and got on the Express train, which took me to Brooklyn Bridge when I was just trying to hop over to Bleecker Street. Would have been faster to walk.

No comments: