Sunday, June 28, 2009

Barnes and Noble

On Friday morning, we had a lecture at the B&N near the dorm. Did you know that there is one buyer (per genre) that picks all the books that go in B&N across the country? Wow. Weird. Then we went on a scavenger hunt throughout the store. B&N took this opportunity to give us each $25 gift certificates so that we would start spending money. I found a magazine called "filmint." It's an international television magazine and it had Philip Glenister on the cover with the line "Not another Bloody Cop Show." Yes, you guessed it. It's my favorite tv show Life on Mars, which I've never seen in a magazine or ad here in the US. There's a 12-page essay about Mars which explained a lot of things that I had never really thought about. It read into things better than I did. It also looked at it in relation to other cop shows and popular culture. The last bit is about the spin off Ashes to Ashes. I was very excited to get this book (It's a periodical, but it looks like a book you'd find in the film section).

This Barnes and Noble is FOUR STORIES! That's crazy. I don't think I did so hot on that scavenger hunt.

No comments: