Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Scholastic Tour

Wow, this place is amazing. Better than what I pictured as a kid, which was a bunch of gray cubicles where writers worked. There are cubicles at Scholastic, but they're colorful and filled with books and toys and posters. There's a rooftop cafe in a greenhouse. The conference room has red walls made of bookshelves that display books and toys and magazines, and the microphones are decorated with cartoons. There's stuffed animals everywhere, including a 5-foot Clifford at the entrance of the library. The carpets have the mission statement printed on them. Oh man, it's just so neat. Our guide did assure us that people do, in fact, WORK here. We stopped in the store as well. It's like a playground in there. It's crazy. I would totally work there.

I did apply there, but I'm not sure my info went through right because apparently I had applied to a Scholastic internship last summer before getting the Bleak House gig, so all my details were on file. So when I went to submit my application for editorial assistant, it was just like "Thank you for your application" and I freaked out a little because I hadn't given them any of my information. Then I realized it HAD my info already, but info from before I graduated, before NYU, before Bleak House, before basically everything that gives me any sort of credentials. I updated my profile, but I'm not sure if it was too late.

No comments: