Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I just met Spike Lee!


I follow a lot of random things on Twitter, including this weird celebrity stalker site that tells you things like when and where movies are made so creeper fans can crash the movie sites. But today, I noticed it said that Spike Lee is doing a DVD signing. I thought, "Oh, that's pretty cool." But then I saw that he was signing Do the Right Thing because it's the 20th Anniversary and a double-disc set just came out. I love that movie! I actually thought about buying it last year when I saw it. What's more, it was being held at Barnes and Noble, and I still had the rest of my gift card from the other day. Now I knew I HAD to go.

It was pretty cool. He didn't do a talk or anything, but that made it go pretty fast. I'm glad I left early because the rain delayed the trains and Spike ended up coming in at 7:15 instead of 7:30, so I was already on the train home by 8pm.

I like how he's distracted in this photo. Some lady took something, so he kept saying, "She can't take that. Don't let her take that." But now I have a signed copy of Do the Right Thing and it only cost me $6.




No comments: