Monday, June 01, 2009

Web Art Director



Hello. I am the new web art director for a new magazine concept that emphasizes the REAL person. Where most magazines dig into the lives of celebrities and the fake Hollywood world, this one gets into the lives of real everyday people.

This is an exciting concept. I really like it. And my group is getting along well so far, too. I'm glad I got a role I'm confortable with. If they would have put me in charge of marketing or something I'd have been lost, but they based it off of our resumes and experiences.

I was bummed to find out we don't actually get to make a prototype. We don't get to make any real articles or a real website. We create it mostly on paper, I think. The way I'm imagining it is pretty lame, but I don't have all the details yet. I'll know more tomorrow. At least in undergrad we got to make a real magazine.

This is City Hall Park where a pigeon almost crapped on my bagel.

I just thought this was funny. Maybe it's because my favorite book is Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and I've never heard holistic used about dentistry before.

No comments: