Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Free Lunch

SCHOOL
We had a presentation on "free" today. How we misunderstand what it means, where the word comes from, how there's "no such thing as a free lunch," and how giving stuff away for free will actually make you profit in the end. The guy who gave the lecture wrote a book called Free and he gave us all a free copy. The book's not even released yet, so we're among the first people in the world to get it.

THE IN
Hey, want to know what's happening during school? They're doing their own blog! I haven't mentioned specific names and brands, really, because a lot of it is confidential, or so they say, but here's what they are giving away. Check it out!...



MUSIC
I got my Among the Oak and Ash CD today in the mail. Amazon's a great idea (well...debatable) in general, but they have a thing or two to learn about packaging CDs so that they don't crack in the mail. Seems to happen every time. I guess they assume most people are downloading off iTunes, so who's really buying these CDs anyway?


COMEDY
Saw this article today. Gosh I wish I can go, but I don't know if I'll still be in New York in November and it's probably really expensive.

Incidentally, lunch cost $7.00.

.

No comments: