Saturday, June 06, 2009

Down Broadway

Bubbles in Soho

Today I took a walk down 14th Street in the direction I'd never been before. I found a proper grocery store and bought some normal food. I also found a little market where they sold hats and scarves and sunglasses. I bought a Philly cheese steak sandwich from there. Overpriced, but good. Other than that, there wasn't a whole lot down there.

Sarah and I walked to class today because it was nice out. It only took us an hour walking straight down Broadway. Tomorrow, I think I'll walk up Broadway. Time Square and all the theatres are less than an hour away.

We had 4 hours of instruction in the Mac lab about how to use InDesign, InCopy, and Photoshop. I learned a lot, but it was kind of information overload and I got a headache from looking at these massive and bright screens for so long. The instructor taught us how to create websites within Photoshop, which is pretty cool (similar to SiteGrinder) but you need DreamWeaver to convert it. I'm not a fan of DW and neither is she, but she says she HATES FrontPage. Hey, now.

I want to do something fun tonight, but I don't know what I can do. I think everyone else is just going out to the bars like they did last night. Anyway, tomorrow, there's a free comedy show just across the street in Union Square, so I'll probably check that out.

No comments: