Saturday, June 20, 2009

a color-coded laundry room

It's raining again. I'm staying inside all day.

Applied for jobs. Wrote an article that I can use as a clip (possibly to post on Hubpages). Did some laundry. Got confused. Had to ask other person in laundry room how to make it work. I could tell as soon as I started talking that English wasn't his first language, but I was the dumb one who couldn't figure out that the pay machines coincided with the washing machines on a color system. Who ever heard of a color-coded laundry room?

Twitter. So, I'm studying it to see how companies (or anyone) can use it for promotion. Since you only have 140 characters to say what you need, most people seem to post links. I've found some very cool links through things people post on Twitter. For example, 4 hours ago, Neil Gaiman posted THIS LINK to a NY Times article about Ray Bradbury saving libraries.

Quote from Mr. Bradbury: "“Yahoo called me eight weeks ago,” he said, voice rising. “They wanted to put a book of mine on Yahoo! You know what I told them? ‘To hell with you. To hell with you and to hell with the Internet.’"

I love Bradbury. Sadly, I think he'd find it terribly ironic that I found this quote via Twitter.

Also, I watched the two latest episodes of Carpool (llewtube.com). I noticed that there is no longer a thing at the end where it says what part of London that it was filmed in. I used to like listening to where they were and trying to guess what part of the city they were in based on my little knowledge of London geography, but that's gone now. So I tweeted to Robert Llewellyn as follows: Like the Carpool maps but why delete the "filmed on location" bit at the end? Americans (ie me) don't always recognize ST names. And he immediately tweeted back "That's a very good point and I will re-instate it. Thanks". Now, if this were traditional television, it would take weeks for producers to read this and they'd probably disregard the letter unless they were inundated with the same complaint. There may be quite a future for Television 3.0.

The University just sent me some homework. Drats.

No comments: