Friday, June 19, 2009

Goodbye to Magazines


FINAL PRESENTATION
We gave our 20 minute presentation to the final three judges today. They said they really like the clean website and the map feature, which I made. At the end, the coordinators handed out awards. We didn't win, but I didn't expect to. They gave the winners bottles of wine and then hosted a spread of catered food for everyone. They did tell each magazine what we were best at though, and they said the thing that we were best at was the map feature on the website. I feel accomplished.

AFTER PARTY
Our group all went to a Mexican restaurant called Caliente Cab. I had a taco salad. We sat under a giant dead bison head. Unfortunately, not all of our group could make it. In fact, we suspect one member is in the witness protection program because he ducked out on us and won't have his photo taken by anyone. There ended up being seven of us plus two group members' boyfriends. It was a nice meal, and at the end, we walked over to where the apartment from FRIENDS is and took pictures. I've never seen the show, so it didn't look very impressive to me. I really like our group. I only hope my next group gets along like we did. I know some groups are having major personality conflicts.


I'll post photos when I steal them from other people.

JOBS
I'm applying for jobs now. We're supposed to start two or three weeks before the end of the program. I've sent my resume to seven places now and have a list started. I already got rejected from Suite101, but I think it's because I don't have any good clips. I'm not a published journalist: how could I? But they said I can apply later with different clips.

No comments: