Saturday, June 13, 2009

Outside is leaking in

There is the weirdest noise outside. It's been going on for about an hour. I can't even describe it properly, but it comes in threes, the first like someone's got a drill on a pipe, the second like someone's got a drill in my tooth, and the third like a jackhammer. Musical in the way that way that obnoxious techno might be called musical. It's so loud that I can barely hear the podcast that I've got on to keep from getting bored as I create all the web elements for the Look Book, which is due on Tuesday. I have now finished the homepage and have three more pages to do. It's probably good that it's raining so hard otherwise I might be tempted to go back out.

I did go for a walk down Broadway this morning. I went to a famous bookstore called The Strand "Home of 18 miles of new, used, rare, and out-of-print books." It has three levels and everything is marked down from its original price. The stacks are so close together, both my shoulders could probably touch them.

Then I went and bought a collared shirt because I need clothes that are nice, but not as formal as interview-wear. I found a place where the whole store is 50%, so it was a good thing I tried there before the GAP across the street.

Now it's bucketing down. I'm planning on going to a $5 comedy show tonight, but if it's still this bad out in four hours, I might not bother (It's every Saturday night, anyway). Despite that it has rained literally every day, I'm still in denial about needing to invest in an umbrella.

Speaking of rain, happy graduation, Jaeger. Hope you didn't get as rained on as I did at my high school graduation.

1 comment:

LMN said...

Hi Jaime! I was so paranoid about rain, since it bucketed for your high school graduation, that I brought a raincoat to Jaeger's graduation. it didn't actually start raining until after 10:00, but I'm pretty sure that is because I was prepared. Laurie