Thursday, June 18, 2009

I bought an umbrella

I've been holding out on buying an umbrella because I keep telling myself that this is just a rough spot and that sunny weather is just around the corner. Well, this rough spot has lasted three weeks and I finally caved an bought a small black umbrella from Staples for $12. According to the laws of the universe, it will never rain in New York again.

Also, I just got a note that says I'm getting a new roommate this Sunday. Who will she be?
And...where will Lindsey and Luke sleep now?

I finally logged onto Twitter. Not because I really intend on using it. I don't even really update my Facebook status. It's good for businesses to update their clients with links and news. It's stupid for people who just want to tell the world their having soup for lunch. I'm following magazines and such to learn how they use Twitter as a corporation tool. Other students are doing this too. I don't really read magazines, so the only ones I'm following right now are Time Out and Paste.

Of course, I'm also using it to stalk celebrities like everybody else. So I'm following my favorite writers like Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett; musicians like Chameleon Circuit and Darren Hayes; vloggers like Robert Llewellyn, John Green, Liam, Charlie; actors like David Hewlett and Stephen Fry; comedians like Lee Camp and Robin Ince; and yes, I'm even following Henry David Thoreau.

From Twitter, I see that Lee Camp is performing at a free comedy show in a theatre near Time Square. Perhaps I shall go to that. It's pretty late at night, but we're presenting tomorrow and I don't need to be there 'til 12:45.

Wish me luck on our FINAL PRESENTATION of our MAGAZINE "Away"!










Lyrics of the Week
Okay, so I don't actually have a feature called Lyrics of the Week, but as I have three new CDs now, I thought I'd share my favorite lines.

K9's Lament (Chameleon Circuit)
Treacherous compliance, what have you done to me?
I'm a fraction of the shadow of the canine I could be
I see other dogs in the park fetching sticks and digging bones
Never has a tin dog ever felt so alone

And I wonder what life would be like if
I could choose not to say affirmitive


Angel Gabriel (Among the Oak and Ash)
I won't weep when it's time for me to leave
I'll pack up my bandbox and go
Goodbye old friends, there isn't time to grieve
I'm moving up to glory very slow.
And I'll eat my meals three times a day
You bet your life, I will not be late
And I'll have lots of fun when all you people come
'Cause I'm gonna take the tickets at the gate.

Unfriendly Skies (Loudon Wainwright III)
Now I think of myself as a nice guy
Usually polite, never rude
'Course the bitch's real name isn't Susie
'Cause I don't wanna get my ass sued.
But I wonder how Angela's doing.

more funny Loudon found on YouTube...

1 comment:

Skerrvy said...

thanks for linking to my video! I have a few more songs of his from the same concert if you're interested. It's great to meet another Loudon fan!