Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Observations 1

Trying to get 10 people to agree on a magazine mission statement takes a long time, but I am feeling good about the direction it is going.

There are a lot of speakers and panels. My knees hurt from sitting so long.

I've been eating out a lot because I have no time to grocery shop and it's raining. But the shop down the street from the academic building has amazing (and expensive) food. Famous Famiglia's has good pizza and I don't even care for pizza that much.

I got a slip in my mailbox saying my package has arrived in the mail, but alas, the mailroom is only open while I am in class. I don't know if I'll ever get my package.

Our toilet and shower handle are broken.

The water here tastes funny, but aparently it's safe to drink.

Entertainment Weekly has a paid fall internship program.

I don't like most magazines because they're gossipy or about fashion or sports or health. I do like entertainment magazines, however, like EW, Paste, Time Out. But I shouldn't be allowed to read Time Out New York. They do give them to us for free at NYU, though. I just learned Loudon Wainright III is playing a free concert on June 17th. I'm only on page 13. I should stop looking.

Oh, and Lee Camp next Tuesday for only $5. He's one of my favorite comedians. Stop looking at Time Out, Jaime!

Post comments. I like reading them.

No comments: