Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday funday

Before coming to NY, I watched quite a few comedy sketches on YouTube from Robin Ince and noticed that he wears NY t-shirts a lot, but I didn't know what they were. Just yesterday, I realized that they are The Strand shirts, which makes sense given Robin does book jokes. The Strand is a block from here, so I went and bought a shirt of my own (surprisingly cheap!). Hey, if you're going to be a nerdy English major, better get the most famous nerdy English major shirt you can, right?

After that, as you can see from the photos, I went to Laughter in the Park with Lindsay and her friend. This is the park I stumbled on the other day where they had the dog park. One comedian (below) I had seen in the book shop show that Pete Holmes hosted earlier in the summer. It was a good show.

Plus, we went to the market where we bought black currant apple juice, which is AMAZING. We also saw the Life Cafe and wondered if it is a chain or if that's the cafe from Rent. I think it is because there is only one other one and it's in Brooklyn. It's on Avenue B and they refer to Benny as The Enemy of Avenue A. So...there you have it.



This guy was the headliner. He did some English-y jokes. :)


Then I applied to some jobs. The end.

No comments: