Saturday, July 04, 2009

4th of July

trash sculptures

Started the morning at the market, then walked a few blocks uptown for some shopping. Bought strawberries because they felt patriotic. Very summery, I feel. I realize that I'm wearing my London t-shirt, but it IS red, white, and blue, just not the right flag.

Did some homework. We got in a little bit of trouble for not having keynotes on Thursday, but nobody really told us what they were and that we were supposed to have them. But they're done now.

I took a walk to the water because I wanted to see where people are lining up to see the fireworks tonight, but everything's all blocked off. Time Out did an article about how it's not safe for all those people to be on the piers, so they're closing them for the night. Ah well. I took a walk. Didn't even know where I was most of the time. Ended up way down on 3rd street somehow. Found a nice little park. Should have brought a book. There's a fenced in area where dogs run around too. Maybe I'll just stay in and relax the rest of the day.

Dog park

Random thought: YouTube birds should not be as amusing as they are. Do you still want a bird, Mom?


3 comments:

JMN said...

Absolutely! I'll take two.

JKL said...

Yes get at least one dancing bird...although Frisket may have an opinion. I'm laughing so hard I have tears.

LMN said...

That bird is awesome!