Tuesday, July 07, 2009

the home stretch

Everything's just getting crazy all at once. Here's some more interesting news I got:

1. Today, I got accepted into Emerson College's publishing program. I have to say, I had about .001% expectancy of this phone call, mostly because I did not fill out the form that said I was still interested in being kept on the wait list. However, they told me that they did get my form. I'd be interested to see if they could locate it, though. I obviously declined considering A) It's a bit late notice for this fall's enrollment, B) I can't afford it, and C) I'm already in a publishing program, even if it's not a masters program like Emerson. I am, however, very flattered to get accepted. It was my first choice. Can't afford the rent in Boston though.

2. One of the random things I applied to was a staff writer for an online sitcom. Part of the application was writing a short scene based on their premise. I did it and submitted it just for the heck of it, but apparently my application has "entered round two." It's a start up company, so I don't know how I feel about that.

3. I subscribe to a book newsletter now called Shelf Awareness. Today they announced the cast for the third Discworld movie "Going Postal." It's a good book, so I'm excited to see how they do with the adaptation, but I am a little nervous to see who is going to play Vimes, if he's even going to be in the movie at all. Jeremy Irons is not playing Vetinari this time.


In the works for the week:

Tomorrow: People are going to come in and talk to us about careers.
Thursday: We present our imprint to the judges
Friday: Career fair with 29 different companies and then we get our certificates
And then it's done. Next step, real world.

No comments: