Saturday, July 11, 2009

House hunting

Looked at my first room for rent today. Beautiful neighborhood (right on the beach). The family that lives there seems really nice, really chill. I'd get my own room, access to the kitchen, etc. The interior is neat and homey. Location is good because there's a grocery store, laundry mat, etc. right down the road. Rent is cheap. It all just felt very relaxing--not like in the big city where there's sirens blaring every couple seconds even in the dead of night.

The downside is it's over an hour commute to Manhattan, but I don't know where I'll be working yet. And it doesn't cost extra to ride the subway farther out. Plus I have 17 books that the program gave me, so commuting wouldn't be so bad. Except innitially, I don't know how I'm going to get all my stuff there.

As it is such a nice deal, lots of people are interested, so I won't know for a couple days if I'm in the running. I'll keep you posted.

By the way, here is a photo I took from the room where we had our job fair:



No comments: