Tuesday, December 01, 2009

NaNoWriMo grand finale



This year, for the first time, I participated in National Novel Writing Month. I completed a novel just under 60,000 words. I wrote it so fast, I don't even have a title for it yet! The working title is Luddites, but I'd be happy to take suggestions. I will muse on the pros and cons of this activity at a later date. Right now, I will give you a one-stop post to read all nine chapters of this novel.

Synopsis:

When a girl from work tells Tian she has a friend who is three thousand years old, she is thrown into a world of luddites fighting for their rights to make books in a future where trees are an endangered species.

Have I mentioned this book was started in rebellion against books like Twilight? And I suppose Buffy, and Angel, and Torchwood, etc. Read and you'll find out why.

Chapter One (part 1)

Chapter One (part 2)

Chapter Two

Chapter Three

Chapter Four

Chapter Five

Chapter Six

Chapter Seven

Chapter Eight

Chapter Nine

No comments: