Friday, December 11, 2009

Beginning to look a lot like

Updates:

1. JOB SEARCH

I am still searching for a full-time job. Thanks to everyone who has been supportive through this. I did have my first interview this week. Unfortunately, I got a cold at the same time. I think it's because of the rain on Wednesday that was so intense, it turned my umbrella inside out and shut down the train (yes, these two things are of equal importance). I will keep you updated on this front.


2. BOOK REVIEW

NaNoWriMo is over, so I am back to reading. Read my review of SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES by Ray Bradbury. I am currently trying to read NightWatch again. I'm such a style snob. But I will get through it this time, hopefully. I'm writing a new story as well, but might not feel like finishing it until the sinus pressure eases off.



3. Karl Pilkington gets his own travel show

I cannot contain my excitement. Karl can. Apparently he's in Egypt hating it at the moment. You can read the online announcement on the BBC News site HERE. Quote from the article:

"I can't wait to get started. Not because I'm excited but because the sooner we start, the sooner it will be over," Pilkington said.



4. ONLINE VIDEO

So, I'm fascinated with the way that online video has both transformed elements of our society and created a new community of people much in the same way that the internet did when it first came out. Many people don't realize it because they just use YouTube to watch dumb little videos, but it does so much more than that. So I have no shame in thinking that this is cool: (ignore the talking sock)






No comments: