Sunday, December 13, 2009

Important Things and Unimportant Things

IMPORTANT THINGS




1. New Layout

Do you like the new blog layout? The jellyfish are a little random, but I took this photo at the aquarium and thought it looked cool. There are only three things I know about jellyfish.

1. There's one in 7 Pounds with Will Smith.
2. There's a Tim Dorsey Book called Nuclear Jellyfish.
3. Karl Pilkington hates them because one stung him and since they are 98% water, he wants to add 2% and make them water.




2. New Story


In this blustery December weather, I wrote you a spring-time story. You can read MAY DAY right here. It's a Lutheran story. See if you can tell why.




3. New Drawing



I'm reading the book NightWatch, so I decided to do some NightWatch drawings. This here is Anton (played by Konstantin Khabensky in the movie) from a scene in DayWatch.

4. Splice

As many of you might know, Vincenzo Natali is my all-time favorite director. I've been waiting for his new movie SPLICE. I've just found the website, which has an awesome video: http://www.splicethefilm.com/. Also, del Toro is producing it, which must be a good sign.

Here's a clip from the film:








UNIMPORTANT THINGS


As mentioned in a previous post, I have a cold. Therefor I am completely in the right to be medicated. I am probably in the wrong to be operating a Blackberry whilst medicated.

There are some things I've decided to tell you about that I'm sure I wouldn't bother with if it was a sane hour of the night.


1. Musings on dreams

It's weird enough when you see something on tv and then dream about it. It's super weird when you see two things on tv and your dream combines them. It's super duper weird when those two things are Dawn of the Dead the zombie flick and Graham Norton the camp talk show.


So what I ended up with was a reality show like Britain's Got Talent hosted by zombie Graham Norton who would eat you if you got voted off. Don't do drugs, kids. Even if it is just NyQuil. On second thought, don't do zombie movies in any proximity to Graham Norton.



2. Musings on laundry

The second useless thing I wanted to share was that you shouldn't put winter gloves in the dryer. I think the picture says it all.


No comments: