Monday, April 12, 2010

Podcasts and misc other things

First off...
I forgot to mention in my last post that John Green was taping the audience several times during the interview, so if the lighting is all right, I might be in one of his videos. If so, I'll post it when it comes up.

Podcasts
I've have been investigating the wonderful world of free podcasts on iTunes. Now that it's nice out and I need to walk 15 blocks to the nearest library, things to listen to on my iPod are good. Can I say that the last (6th) episode of Robin Ince's Show and Tell (season 1) is my favorite out of all the Show and Tells and Utter Shambles? Marvelous.

There's also this very long interview with Karl Pilkington and this woman who makes Karl look like a genius. She annoyingly tried to convince Karl to subscribe to her podcast and then invent a helmet to wear for when Ricky squeezes his head. She also said that Robin Ince should stay off the beach when Ricky is around, which made me laugh. She really annoyed me when she said that what Ricky said about how art is lies that make you see the truth is a saying that sounds pretty but that no one understands. Really? Come on. Don't read Tim O'Brien, then, if you don't get that concept.

There was also an interview with Among the Oak and Ash which was good because it included music as well.

There was an interview with Dylan Moran, who sounds almost depressed despite the fact that he continues to be witty.

I will post my last piece of my own podcast at some point. I will probably do a teaser or two because it's taking so long to animate. I'm nearly done with the bit about the flying whales. It's a very intellectual podcast if you haven't heard it before (werenotjohn.blogspot.com).


TV
Thank you to the BBC for making me shove my fist into my mouth to try not to laugh and wake up all the kids when I saw the first scene of episode 2 (season 3) of Ashes to Ashes (after the previously bit). Every TV show should start with a musical dream sequence (pretty much the same exacct concept as Tongue Tied in Red Dwarf).



And also, Ricky and Steve on Graham Norton. They somehow convince Steve, who is 6 foot 7, to do a cartwheel on stage while trying to pick up a banana.

No comments: