Saturday, February 20, 2010

News

1. Job news

Unfortunately, I did not get the job that I interviewed for last week, which is disappointing because it was a great position, but it does mean I can enjoy my new responsibilities at my internship longer.


2. Ricky Gervais Show Episode 1

Here's the first HBO episode of the animated podcast by Ricky Gervais. The animation's not bad--purposely retro. They didn't pick the funniest moments, but Ricky says the show gets funnier by the episode. I like the theme song. There's something familiar about it.

Click here for a funny anecdote by Karl that shows that he's not the only strange one of the bunch. (It's only a minute long.)



I worked on my own animated podcast for about five hours yesterday. There are a couple minutes that are absolutely hilarious. People keep telling me that when they watch it, they wake up their family members or dog or whatever. I guess people watch it late at night. Let's have a tally to see how many people I've woken up across the globe via podcast.


3. Zen in the Art of Writing

I read the writers craft book Zen in the Art of Writing by Ray Bradbury. Brilliant book. Very inspiring. Here's some lessons and quotes from the book on my writing blog.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about the job Jaime. :(

On a brighter note can't wait to see the podcast when you're finished with it. :)