Friday, February 12, 2010

Crazy Day




First of all, let's get this out of the way:

Happy Chinese New Year.






We had our "blizzard" this week. I didn't think it was that bad--just a bit of Wisconsin weather, really, but it's a blizzard to New York because they shut down all the schools. One man's snow is another man's storm.




Yesterday was a little crazy. I had an interview in the morning. I felt that it went pretty well, but time will tell. I've got my fingers crossed on this one because it's an excellent position with an excellent company. Granted, I would be sad to leave my internship at such a critical moment. They're giving me a title now, rather than just "intern" and way more responsibilities and some more hours. I'm social networking it up over there. You can follow us on Facebook and Twitter if you want. We have five imprints, so five facebooks (one, two, three, four, five) and five Twitters (one, two, three, four, five).


An then to make things really interesting, when I got to my internship after the interview, there was a building on fire literally around the corner from my job.
"NEW YORK -- An explosion in a transformer underneath a Manhattan sidewalk sent flames up the front of a landmark building Thursday, shattering windows and blackening the front of several stories. No injuries were reported." --silive.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog as for me. It would be great to read more concerning that topic. Thnx for giving that material.