Friday, April 24, 2009

The Weekend Run-around

This is the longest post in the history of postage.

1. CATALYST PARTY

The Catalyst published my short story, The Things They Remembered in their 30th anniversary issue. Today was the reception. There was lots of cake. Lots and lots, as seen below. Paper boxes are, of course, the classiest way to transport it.

2. FINISHED TOM WAITS COLLAB

Today, we finished our drawing. There are better photos, but they're not on my camera. I'll post 'em when I get 'em.



3. THE DRAGON

This drawing is inspired by the Bradbury story "The Dragon." It's about two knights fallen through time trying to slay a train because they think it's a dragon. Of course, they get run over.



4. AUGUSTANA

What a great spring concert! Reasons it was great (in no particular order):


1. We sold over 600 tickets

2. We gave away lots of free Pepsi product.

3. The opener was Bascom Hill.



4. The headliner was Augustana. Now, performers by definition do not have to be nice people, especially if they're really famous as our spring concerts tend to be. But these guys were super nice! Last year's meet and greet was really awkward. We had to form a line and get our shirts signed and get a photo and that's it. No chatting or anything. But Augustana wanted a nice informal meet and greet to chat with us. Now that is the way to do it.

Oh yeah, and the show was amazing too.


5. Harmonica!







5. BROADWAY


I know they do a change-over every once in a while, but I looked up what's (and who's) on Broadway now in case there's something I want to see when I'm in New York. I'm either not familiar with the plays or I've seen them before. I'm more interested in who's in them. Here's a list of familiar people on Broadway now.

Geoffry Rush
Rupert Everett
Colin Hanks
Matthew Broderick
Nathan Lane
Lauren Ambrose
Oliver Platt
Jeremy Irons


6. BEST JAFFA CAKES VIDEOS

Just for fun...

#3 STEPHEN FRY: Is a Jaffa Cake a cake?








#2 KARL PILKINGTON: Jaffa Cakes Cure Cancer






#1 SPACED
(click for link) sorry

No comments: