Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

What I did on my Easter vacation by J Leigh Nelson...

I saw Bill Cosby at the Orpheum. The guy's 71 years old and still on top of his game. I mean, two 2-hour shows back to back and then flying back to New England later that night? At 71? Really? Fantastic show, really. Loads of stuff about having a family, having a wife, getting older. New stuff, mostly, I think, except the bit about the dentist. He'd go off on tangent within tangent of his stories but always managed to find his way back to where he started to finish the first story, even if he had to ask the audience sometimes where he left off (the audience was usually wrong anyway).

Got some homework done. I say SOME because I certainly didn't get it all done. Did my fiction. Got to do my Chinese today. But I did get my art class drawing done...

Five hours this took me. Charcoal. 2-foot paper. Half reality (had to sit in my backyard amidst dog poo) and half nightmare. That was the assignment. This is a real nightmare I had. There was this labyrinth in my home and a minotaur running around. Each section of the maze had a designated facial expression. Whatever expression I wore at the time is where the minotaur would appear in the maze, so I always had to make sure that my expression was different from th section I was in, but the maze tried to work against me.


I quite like it. I was displeased with the last one. I'd worked hard and everything, but it just wasn't that exciting. This one's pretty cool, though. Charcoal's a better medium than pencil for large scale, I think.

Did I watch any TV this weekend? Well, a bit. Graham Norton for starters. They say there's a theatrical play based on Dante's Inferno? Dude! I want to see it! Wait, I don't speak Italian. But I don't care. That's awesome. Also, I saw the movie Ghost Town, which was very funny as well.

I did some Easter-y things too. We went out to eat, we went to church, we visited my grandparents, we drove two hours to La Crosse. What, you don't do that every Easter, drive for the majority of the day?

I've also been tinkering more on the new website. Have I mentioned a new website? WEBSITE! But more on that once I've done some of this Chinese homework.

Upcoming...

This Thursday is my NCUR presentation. I am also helping out with the Bill Miller concert that night.

No comments: