Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Two weeks of school left. Things are wrapping up. I keep doing the very last of things. Doesn't seem real yet.


CAB

Campus Activities Board, for instance. We had our very last meeting this Tuesday. Doesn't feel like the last meeting. I suppose it's because I've been going to them every single Tuesday for the last four years.

We had a show tonight. Key Lime Special is a reggae group, partially a student band. They were really good. I'm a sucker for reggae and ska, but really, they were quite good and other people were saying they're of the best Cellar bands we've brought. Lots of people got up and danced, which is unusual for a Cellar event, but it's reggae--hard to resist.


Upcoming for CAB...

Augustana -- This Saturday

I'm in charge of all the volunteers for this show, our Spring Concert. We've sold over 500 tickets so far. Bascom Hill is opening for them. They're from my home city of Madison. I bought their CDs the first time I saw them play (this will be my third time). They're pretty awesome. I'm, of course, excited for the headliner too. We're having a meet-and-greet before the show.


We've also got three end-of-the-year parties and a cellar event (Repertoire) left.




English Club


We had our last official English Club meeting. Again, it's just weird to think about. Not many people are left, so it's hard to assign officers. We have a prez and VP for next year, at least.

I ordered our shirts tonight. They were $10/piece. They'll be forest green.

I also made this poster for Literacy and Lyrics, which is this Wednesday...


Upcoming for English Club...


English Social. Probably my favorite part about English Club. It'll be a little different this time because my friends are coming up to see me on that date. I'm excited for both.




Drawing


Okay, so the end's not exactly in sight for this Bradbury project, but I did finish one small drawing for it...It's from the story "The Watchful Poker Chip of H. Matisse." Doesn't this make you want to go read some Bradbury? :p I didn't really like it at first, but I added the checkered floor and striped background and it's starting to grow on me. It took 2 hours. Imagine how many insane things I've listened to from Karl Pilkington in that amount of time. I like the one where he thought the cure for a parasite in your body is strapping bacon to your head. All right, sorry. Tangent.

The following drawing is the collaborative Tom Waits drawing in Foundations class. It's not done yet, but nearly there, nearly there. It'll be done tomorrow evening.


No comments: