Thursday, May 27, 2010

B.E.A.

Book Expo America - the largest book convention of its kind.


Two solid days of overwhelming book awesomeness working at the booth for BEA. To the left is a photo of our party inside our booth. I spent a lot of time trying to answer people's questions, browsing the other publishers' booths for schwagg, chatting to people I know, chatting to co-workers, chatting to authors.

.
.
.

Speaking of authors, we had this author (photo) signing BLADs for our new John Lennon book. The 13 of us from the office went out to dinner with him later on. It was a fun time despite the heat and traffic getting there.
.
.
.


And here we have Aaron (left) my co-worker along with Eric (right) one of our authors. For more photos of Eric at BEA, check out his blog.

Also, one of my co-workers said her brother just met Fisher Stevens downtown. Sooo jealous.
.
.
.
.


I also met comedian Sal Richards who was signing DVDs. I met the owner of Playbill. I met various other authors, mostly our own. I chatted a while with these guys who I interned with in Wisconsin.
People had crazy displays. The photo left is a GIANT typewriter. There were also people in costume, playing bagpipes, dressed as Darth Vader and clowns and bunnies--it was very strange for a sales conference, but never dull.
.
.
.
.

Our booth was smack in the middle between Dark Horse Comics and L. Ron Hubbard.
Dear Scientologists: Most people don't understand your religion. Dressing up as pirates is only furthering the bafflement.



No comments: