Thursday, November 19, 2009

10 randomz on thurzday

1. First off, thank you everyone for the birthday wishes.
And secondly, happy birthday to Uncle Mike while we're on the subject.

2. I was supposed to go to a meeting tonight, but I got lost so I went home. This is why I don't make friends in the city. I'm lazy and directionally challenged.

3. Chapter 5:
http://j-leigh-nelson.livejournal.com/40262.html

4. The book A Time For Everything came in today. This is an amazing book and you should read it if you have the patience for 500 pages and lots of tangents. But well worth it.

5. For my birthday, I went to work where I went to my favorite place, the post office, had Quiznos for lunch, and met Leonard Bernstein's daughter.

6. I don't know if this link will work, but I'll fix it later if it doesn't. Whoever came up with this idea is brilliant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H000bC3V5AU

I think I should do a post talking about all the wonderful things people are using YouTube for like saving lives through charity and creative little things like this and starting businesses. Granted most people just go to YouTube to watching things like David After the Dentist, but there are intelligent and creative people using it as well.

7. I now have loads of awesome new music thanks to Katie. Hopefully I will meet up with her in the city tomorrow. It's been over a year.

8. Anyone heard of Tim Dorsey? His books look funny. Maybe I ought to give it a try. Read the review for Nuclear Jellyfish. Apparently there's a whole series.

9. I have new ideas for stories, but I'm saving them until December when I'm done with my NaNoWriMo novel. Anyone besides Nicole read any? Impressions? The story ideas are exciting. Most seem to come from eavesdropping on people at work. One is bad b/c it was one of those dreams that sound brilliant at 2 in the morning until you try to read your scribbles after you get up.

10. Should my blog look more professional now that I'm applying to jobs? Does H R look at blogs? I hope they at least look at my website. I work hard to keep it updated. If you're a job recruiter, leave a note in comments.

J

No comments: