Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Commute from Hell

List of annoyances getting home Monday night:

1. Small delay at Howard Beach due to the bridge going up.

2. The bridge getting stuck. They had to send out mechanics. Longer delay.

3. The train giving up and going out of service, kicking everyone out.

4. Taxis cost $11 up front. Forget that. I wandered around until I found a bus stop.

5. Missed the bus by 30 seconds.

6. The bus was really crowded because all the people from the trains were getting on it.

7. Got home an hour late.

It was weird being stuck on that train with all those people calling their loved ones. One lady was screaming into the phone DON'T CALL ANYONE! DON'T CALL ANYONE 'TIL I GET HOME! and another guy was complaining about how he couldn't step out for a smoke. I high-tailed it to the bus stop, following hopstop on my phone in the dark (this was 7:30pm) until I found out I was by my church and got to the bus I take on Sundays. A lady showed up in a cab and recognized me from the train. We got to chatting and more and more people from the train started showing up. Finally the bus came. Thankfully, we fit even though we had to stand. After that, the bus went by tons of people without stopping because there was just no room.




I got three job rejections last night, just to top it off. But the good news is that I only had to work two days this week (even though I would have happily worked tomorrow for the extra money).

No comments: