Saturday, November 21, 2009

Friday in the city

This Friday, I got to hang out with Katie! She's my London flatmate who I haven't seen in over a year. She had an interview at her dream job, so I really hope she gets it. Plus, we could hang out more if she was working in New York.

We chatted at Starbucks for a couple hours and met her friend Brenna at a Dominican restaurant. Katie ordered first, then I ordered the seafood soup, then Brenna asked if their soups were any good. Our waiter said "The chicken, yes." And I was like "Wait! What about the seafood soup?" And he said, "No." Most honest waiter ever.

Then they gave me an empty bowl with a shell cracker in it. What kind of soup is this?!

It was a veggie brothy soup with a whole lobster hand in it that I had to crack open. Very weird. There were some other animals in it like snails and unidentifiable ones. But it tasted good. What a strange restaurant experience.

It was awesome catching up with Katie. I hope we can do it again soon. We are both looking for jobs in publishing, she in magazines and me in books.



Moon

I saw the episode of Carpool (llewtube.com) with Duncan Jones, David Bowie's kid, who directed Moon with Sam Rockwell. They showed a clip from the movie. I kind of want to see it now.







NaNoWriMo chapter 6

CHAPTER 6

No comments: