Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Book Signing and Chapter 2

I went to a book signing party for HL. It was a book signing, a rock concert, and free dinner at the City Winery. A pretty sweet gig, and it was sold out, which is awesome. From 7-8, we just sat around, a bunch of people from a couple of the offices, and ate food and chatted. At 8, the opener came on. They were intense! I didn't stay for the Levon Helm Band because I had to get home. I live an hour and a half away. Everyone said I should have been there because I missed Elvis Costello, but that would have gotten me home at 12:30 with me having to be up at 7:30 the next morning. Plus I'm not fond of the shady people hanging around this part of the town this time of night. Just now I was trying to write a cover letter to a publishing company to the lovely sounds of "I'm gonna kill you, man! Get over here! I'll kill you!" outside my bedroom window.


In other news, who's been reading my NaNoWriMo novel? Anyone, anyone, Bueller? Well, here's chapter two:



Also, at work, we had a meeting with the people that make the Tonys about a new book we're doing. It was actually pretty cool.

No comments: