Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Weekend with Melissa

I just got back from spending the weekend in Philadelphia with Melissa. I'll stick some photos on here, but I think most of the good ones are on Melissa's camera. More on that later.

I took the China Town bus, which is $20 for a round trip. I wasn't even sure which bus I'd gotten on, but I did get to Philly. It was dark when I got there and Melissa took me on a tour down South Street, which is like State Street with a river at the end.

We stopped in at Lickety Split and watched some live music.

Saturday, we walked all over the city. We went to the Art Museum to get a discount card. It was college weekend, so anyone with a student ID got into the museums for free. Since Melissa and I both have student IDs, we got to check out the Franklin Institute and Natural History/Science Museum.


There was a butterfly display in the Natural Museum, like the one at Olbrich Gardens in Madison, but on a much smaller scale.

And dinosaur skeletons, of course.


We walked about some more with Melissa's old roommate and got some ice cream. This here is Love Park:

Philly has lots of cool murals.

That night, we made a run to get me a legit Philly Cheese Steak, which was pretty good. Then we went over to the World Cafe Live, which was exactly my kind of venue. The performer was really good too. At one point I told Melissa that I wished they'd play harmonica. Then later in the set, she did!

The next morning, we went out to brunch, and then it was back on the bus. All in all, great weekend. When it gets warm again, I'll have to be back because we didn't do any of the historic stuff that Philly's known for. But we sure did a lot, and it was nice catching up with Melissa. I can't believe it's been a year since all of us met up in Charleston.


To come:
Among the Oak and Ash Concert
Heavy Metal Book of Lists Release Party

No comments: