Saturday, September 12, 2009

Brooklyn Book Festival



Such a fun day. Hanging out with book enthusiasts all day long. I helped sell books for AB (see photo) from 11 to 6pm, but I walked through the festival 3 times, looking at all the great books. No, I didn't go crazy with the spending. I bought Catching Fire, which I was going to get anyway, and a birthday gift. Plus, I got a free book from an author who is giving his book away. AB was lucky enough to get a tent right next to the international stage where one of our authors was on pannels twice during the day. He's having a launch party at the end of the week I may go to. We sold quite a few books. Many are familiar with our house and kept complimenting us on the look of the books. People really love them and I feel silly b/c I have only read ones that haven't been released yet. That will have to change.

Shuttle wasn't running this weekend. Annoying. Had to take the bus. Over it.

No comments: