Sunday, September 06, 2009

Gov

This picture looks fake, but I swear it's not a backdrop!


I went to Governor's Island with Erin and her friends. It was a gorgeous day, the ferry was free, and we had fun being tourists. One place we went to was the Art Fair. I think the island is a kind of haven for artists. Imagine that. We spent a fair amount of time trying to figure out whether people live in these big houses and deduced that they must.

Afterward, we went to Manhattan for ice cream and went shopping. All right so Top Shop and Sephora aren't really my thing, but it was nice to be wandering Manhattan again.

We topped it off with dinner in Little Italy, which has a pasta sauce to die for.

The others went on to karaoke, but it was nearly 8 and I had a long ride home (plus I don't like to sing), so I headed back. All in all, a great way to spend Labor Day weekend.

It's funny that I spent way too much money today even though I started reading "Sold Out: How I Survived a Year of not Shopping." This book is supposed to inspire me to NOT spend money! Ha, but it was worth it.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Welcome to our world - spending way too much money! lol I'm trying to save as many of my tips as possible so I won't have to use my card for NYC. I have a small bag I labeled "NYC" that I just shove them into. I'll probably go to the bank the week before to exchange it into bigger bills. I'm not counting how much I turn in as I want to be surprised - hopefully in a good way!