Wednesday, September 02, 2009

What's new

Update on what's going on with me.

WORK

Started my new internship at AB. It's a completely opposite vibe from the corporate HL vibe, but the work has been pretty much the same.

Today at HL, I made a tech support house call to one of our authors. Me, tech support? Ha! But I sorted it out, no worries. Nice change of pace.

I did some freelancing research for a book called Theatreworld and made some extra cash.


BUGS

So fleas in the house and giant cockroach in the bathroom at work. Seriously, it was so big, it was practically a mammal. I go upstairs to use the toilet now.


BOOKS

Now that I work 4 days per week, I can get through books really fast. I read a great book called Time Out of Joint by Philip K Dick. Some kids were snickering at my book on the train. When they left, I looked at the cover to see what was so funny. Does the man on the front look like their dad? Are the old enough to know it's sci-fi and therefor nerdy? No, I'd wager it's the word Dick printed in huge letters at the top. Anyway, go to my writing blog for my review.

I was on the subway and there were 9 Audible.com ads all the way down the train. I sat down and looked up to see it saying that Ray Bradbury reads F451 on Audible.com, which is just 1 of 60,000 books read by my favorite authors. How did it know Ray Bradbury was one of my favorite authors. Then I looked at the one next to it. It said the same thing, except for Neil Gaiman and The Graveyard Book. Now this is just weird.


COLLEGE

My little brother is in college now. How time flies.


UPCOMING

AB invited me to the Brooklyn Book fair next weekend. That sounds fun.

Philly on the 26th. Finally.

MAYBE Among the Oak and Ash on the 30th if I can find someone to go with me.

No comments: