Thursday, May 21, 2009

random things I'd like to tell you because it's the middle of the night

This is my new iPod. It's orange. I've discovered the iTunes store, which I fear might make me poorer than going to New York. For the first time, I've gotten quite interested in podcasts. The wonderful thing about them is that most of them are free. Well, not so much Ricky Gervais's ones, but that's what iTunes giftcards are for. There are free samples, though.
I've also downloaded (for free) Robin Ince's Utter Shambles. I can't seem to find the first season (called Show and Tell) on iTunes though, don't know why. The basic premise is that Robin, Josie, and the guest of the week each bring in something odd and they talk about the things on air and then Robin talks really fast about something until someone interrupts him because that's the only way to get a word in. I quite like it.


In other news, I've just spent far too long and nine CDs backing up my harddrive onto something that can stay here while I go to New York because heaven forbid I get my laptop stollen or broken. I'm also in the process of moving all this garbage off my external and onto DVDs.

I bought Among the Oak and Ash (Josh Joplin and Garrison Starr) tickets for the first Monday I'll be in New York. Not sure I'll be able to make it, though it's pretty close to the dorm, but they were pretty cheap tickets (though not after Ticket Master had a go at the extra fees). All right, so they're opening for Jessica Lea Mayfeild. I don't know who she is, but I'm sure it's worth it.

I have HOMEWORK!!!!

I'm revolutionizing the world of fiction, though I'm sure someone's done it before me. Typical.

Some movies I've seen recently are Milk (pretty good), Star Trek (hate Star Trek with a passion but Simon Pegg was very funny), and American Movie (both funny and depressing...why does everyone in Milwaukee in this film sound like they're from Fargo?).

Oh, I'm also creating a 20 minute video of all my senior year footage and photos. Actually, it's already done, but I'm waiting on a couple photos from some different people to drop in. I'll post a link when it's done.

No comments: