Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Brief updates, everybody...

MADE A VIDEO
I have finished my senior year video. It's not on YouTube at the moment, partially because it has other people's music on it and partially because it's over 10 minutes long. It is on facebook, however. I can embed it here, but the right side gets cropped off...



BURBANK
Today, I started writing Chapter Two of Burbank with a Baedeker. There'll be more on the writing blog once I actually post it. It's good, I think. It's about wheels.

NEW YORK
I packed my luggage.

CONCERT
I just got my schedule for the first day of class and it says we have individual group meetings until 8pm, which is when the Among the Oak and Ash concert/opener starts. I'll try to get out of there half an hour early, but it's looking like I might not make it. But here's a cool new Among the Oak and Ash video I found.

WEBSITE UPDATES
jleighnelson.com
1. I added a video trailer of the London documentary I made a few years ago.




2. I added a drawing journal entry of Robin Ince.
















HOMEWORK
I went to Borders to culture surf. There's a lot of books about religion and science on the best sellers today. Probably because Demons and Angels is in theatres now?
I also have 4 out of 5 book pitches written.

XFM
Oh boy. You can download all 92 episodes of The Ricky Gervais show on XFM off Pilkipedia. This is potentially dangerous for my harddrive and free time, but not my wallet because it's free.

MOVIES
"How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" wasn't that good. The cast was good, but the writing was so-so. It is about the New York publishing world, though, so it was cool to see even if it's skewed. I think the only part I really liked was when Simon Pegg's character got drunk and climbed a wall, started singing, and fell off again.

"Twilight" sucked terribly. It was funny to make fun of it. There's really nothing redeeming in it. Not the acting, the writing, the editing, or the makeup. I can't believe they got away with releasing it.

"Let the Right One In" was the one good movie I saw this week. Not the best movie ever, but a fresh (and Sweedish) look at vampires. It's good they're re-releasing it because the subtitles were wrong and the English dub was a little ridiculous sometimes.

BASEBALL
Playing baseball with bread, jelly-filled strudels, apples, and corn on the cob is one of America's best pastimes.
















SAMI'S BIRTHDAY
Sami had a birthday. We played Quelf, Apples to Apples, and Put Ice Cubes Down Nicole's Back.

No comments: