Monday, January 31, 2011

Showtune Showcase

One of my authors (left) was showcasing the songs that he wrote/composed in NYC tonight. Singing the songs to his accompaniment was a cast of talented performers including Mark Linn Baker--yeah the curly haired one from Perfect Strangers (below on the left)--who sang a song based on a word that someone auctioned the song to be about. That word? Defenestration: The act of propelling oneself out a window. What luck! This is one of my favorite words. When I go to improv shows, I always make sure I have words to say in case the actors ask me for a theme. Those two words are always defenestration and ladle.














This was such an amazing show. It didn't even matter if you hadn't seen the plays because you pick it up from the context in the songs. Some gave me shivers and some were hilarious. And Birdland's food is excellent as always. Thumbs up across the board.

No comments: