Sunday, January 09, 2011

Things I watched today

1. Looking for Ms. Locklear
This is Rhett and Link's independent film/documentary. I hadn't seen it yet because it costs like $15 bucks. But now it's available as a rental for $2 from YouTube. I hadn't heard of rentals on YouTube before. It makes me nervous. It's fine for now because the things that are going up are going to be things that wouldn't have gone on YouTube anyway, like this film. But watch that slippery slope. Either YouTube will start making us pay for a little more inch by inch or people will realize that they can make money by charging people for their YouTube content. And then no more good free videos.

But the movie was really heartwarming. R&L meet a lot of interesting (and weird) people on their quest to find their first grade teacher. They end up getting involved in a political movement on their journey.



2. Ricky Gervais Show season 2 episode 1
You can watch it here:

This episode includes Karl's movie pitch which is hilarious. And someone has actually put together a real trailer for it:


3. Splice
I saw this when it first came out, but I got it on DVD. They had a special director behind the scenes bonus feature, which I liked because Vincenzo Natali is my favorite director. But no commentary? There are so many undertones to the movie, I hope they don't get lost on people.

No comments: