Saturday, November 20, 2010

24

Happy brithday: Here's a book review.

I didn't do a whole lot on my brithday. Made cookies for the office and went to writers group. I presented this short piece, asking for advice on what this story should be about, because it's not really a story yet.

But last night, my friend took me to a show called Fuerza Bruta. It was the trippiest performance art ever! It was really cool, though. I liked the running man (video) 'story' the best. Basically, the stage is the same as the where the audience stands. The actors are all on wires and doing stuff above you and also in your own space right next to you. The actors are dancing with the audience right there on the floor sometimes. There's a mist/fog machine, and also a guy in a DJ booth who hoses the audience off every now and again. The stage hands also keep making the audience move to other parts of the room throughout the show to get them out of the way for massive set pieces like the treadmill and stuff.

So there's this running man on the treadmill and he gets shot a lot and has to set up tables and chairs that keep falling down and you pretty much just see him in these really frustrating yet daily situations until the end when he and two others are on a ledge and have to jump off into an exploding wall.

There's also this giant clear plastic swimming pool above us that is lowered down while about four girls are running around and jumping in the water. At one point they all start body slamming it and I swear it sounds like it's going to break. And it's inches from your head! People were actually putting their hands on the plastic and the actresses would respond to it. It was very strange.



Then we went out to a Danish restaurant, which had fancy things I've never heard of, but it was all very good.

Today I went to a social media class. I learned more than I thought I would, but to be fair, I didn't think I'd learn anything. It actually helped me with the way in which to explain things to authors, hearing someone else explain social media to authors.

Kate Nash concert tonight. More on that later.

No comments: