Thursday, August 05, 2010

Just today and things

Work is very fast-paced, which is good. I had literally 50 things on my Things to Do List that I just started yesterday. But good stuff is happening. Today we found out we're getting one of our authors on TV to talk about John Lennon's death. I chatted with one of my authors who is also a sci-fi writer. We're trying to select a famous comedian to write a forward to one of our books. Oh and I had a nice long conversation with the delightful guitar tech for Pink Floyd. Never a dull day.

I showed up to my first meeting at the local writers group (this is a different one than the one I go to in Manhattan). They seem really nice and really in tune with working hard to become better writers and legitimately supporting each other in it. Click here for my thoughts on our poetry workshop tonight.

I ordered stuff off Amazon.co.uk. I don't understand why it's so cheap. I think I got 3 movies for under $15 and the shipping wasn't that bad. Came in the mail today. Anyway, so you'll be getting reviews soon from me on Tuesday, a movie I've been dying to see for like two years, as well as the director's cut of NightWatch and DayWatch, and Robin Ince's new book.

No comments: