Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Out of bed

I've been in bed for eight days. Because the meds worked, I think I had pneumonia, but the diagnosis was done mostly over the phone. However some spasmy symptoms have showed up. Side effect of the meds? I keep praying I don't have tetanus from when I sliced open my finger on the metal door. Praying must be working b/c the twitching in my gut went away after 24 hrs. Maybe that Chinese chicken was Chinese something else. Can't blame the spasm in my sinuses on dinner though. I'll let you know if I get lockjaw.
While in bed, I read (Catching Fire and am half way through And Another Thing) and am planning a short novel for NaNoWriMo, which you can learn more about on my writing blog. You're going to get a free digital novel from me by the end of November...unless I fail, which may very well happen.


Planning funness!
Plans are underway for a Jenny/Katie visit to NY in winter, which, according to Jenny, may include ice skating, Broadway, and a tree, all of which I like.
Can't say I've sussed out what we (me, Lindsey, Nicole, Luke) are doing for Halloween, but they've got a pretty good list of places I've never heard of going. All I know is that there's going to be dressing up, podcasting, and free pizza.

I went to the post office yesterday and mailed books to famous ppl. It took 2 hrs and 5 lines b/c everyone kept telling me different things. They must all have different mannuals. I just wanted to scream Kenneth Branaugh needs his free copy! But no one would have been able to help me. Or give me a pen.

J

2 comments:

Nicole said...

We may not hit up the bakery. We'll have to discuss this soon. Perhaps this weekend L,L and I can call you and put you on speaker phone and we can all talk?

LMN said...

Thanks for the update on your illness; I've been wondering how you've been feeling and whether you've gotten over it!