Thursday, March 26, 2009

Why we love Internet Explorer

Yahoo! is my homepage and my email. I trust Yahoo!, so when it says to update to Internet Explorer 8(IE), I do. It loads, the computer restarts, and then I get this little pop-up that says something like: IE8 has successfully been installed, but we've been experiencing some trouble with add-ons. They cause your IE to crash, so we've temporarily disabled them. Add-ons are things like Yahoo! Toolbar and my printer.

So I grumble a bit and go to check my school email in Outlook. It says I have two new messages, but it won't load. I leave it for 15 minutes and it still says "loading."

Then I notice a little thing at the top that says some sites are not compatible with the new version of IE. But never fear! There is an add-on that allows you to see even the oldest of sites.

That's great in theory, except that you just told me that you disabled all my add-ons because they'll crash the program.

*annoyed sigh*

So I did a System Restore to rollback my computer to yesterday. I have my very own time machine!

Firefox anyone?

No comments: