Friday, March 06, 2009

March-tastic

How 'bout this weather, eh?


I had hilarious things to say on this blog last night, but it was 2 am by the time I finished working on the current video project I'm doing, so I went to bed instead. Therefore, you are getting the significantly less amusing edition of this post.



Something new for this blog:

This post comes in both categories AND subcategories!










I. ENGLISH CLUB


1. Literacy and Lyrics

English Club is doing another book drive with live music. Here's the flyer I made last night.



2. Speak!

English Club's open mic night wasn't bad. Sitting at the table with the usual bunch tends to be more amusing than a lot of what's going on on stage, but our table's a tough act to beat.



3. George Watsky

English Club and CAB (both of which I am a member) sponsored George Watsky's slam poetry event last night. The turn out wasn't too bad, but I wish professors would have come. We advertized the heck out of this event. But the performance was fantastic.

On a slightly related note, I got accepted to Lesley University and rejected from Amherst. The two schools of choice are the NYU Summer Program (for publishing) and Emerson College. It turns out, George Watsky goes to Emerson College. Weird, huh?

II. CAB

1. Spring Concert: Augustana -- Video

I made this promo piece for our spring concert:

III. English Department

1. Not Fade Away

As you can see in previous posts, I've been working on a video/web project for a band composed primarily of English faculty. I've made some progress on the website and have posted one more video to YouTube. I also did the first draft of the DVD.






IV. UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PROJECT

Check out the writing blog to get dates and locations of when you can come to my presentation of how to revise your novel.

No comments: