Saturday, March 07, 2009

Are you sick of me yet?

I know I just posted yesterday, but I have more things to say.


1. Short Story

Want to read a draft of "another story about monsters" that I wrote for my fiction seminar? Check out my writing blog. You can also see the feedback I got from my classmates. I'll probably do another draft at some point. I honestly didn't like the story very much and was embaressed to send it to my class, but some people seemed to have really enjoyed it, some even liking it best out of all the stories.

2. The Mix CD Game

Me and Katie have started a new game. She sends me a mix CD of awesome songs and I send her my best guess of song title and bands. I get one point for each song right and one point for each band right. Bands are hard, so I usually just make stuff up. No lyric searching allowed. Only when I've sent the entire mock track list will she send me the actual track list. Then we switch roles.

3. Drawing Book

I don't have any scans yet, but I've been adding things to my little expensive drawing book for class. We're using Carlos Ferguson as an example. His drawing book is awesome. I like his line drawings of settings. I've found myself drawing classrooms in some of my "lesser classes" as BPJ would put it. I'll post some scans when I make some progress.

4. Car Pool

My new favorite show. I can't say it's my favorite TV show because it's not on TV, but you can download it off iTunes or just watch it on Llewtube. They just did an episode with Nigel Planer going on a tour through theatre land and pointing out places that I've been. Amazing! And I adore Nigel Planer. I saw him in Wicked in West End a couple years ago. Plus he's hilarious in Hogfather.

If you don't know what Car Pool is, it's a talk show that takes place in Robert Llewellyn's car (and occasionally a borrowed Tessler). There's lots of amazing people yet to come, too.

5. Coraline

I saw Corlaine in the theatre (La Crosse isn't cool enough to have 3d). Sufficiently creepy. I haven't read the book, so I have nothing to base it on, but the story was certainly Gaimanesque and the stop-motion animation was well done. I like the design of the characters, particularly the father. At first I wondered why it's not rated and then I saw the mostly naked woman dancing and I was like "ahhh!" Children, shield your eyes!

Okay. I'm off to B&N.

No comments: