Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Podcasting and Music and STUFF

Lindsey and I recorded our very first interview for our podcast. Considering I'd spent the morning in a panic because my computer decided to just stop talking to the wireless router for the first time on the morning of our first recorded Skype interview, I thought the interview went really well. Lee Camp had some great stories about cliff diving and giant spiders and more, but you'll just have to wait until the episode comes out. I think Lindsey and I will become better hosts/interviewers as time goes on. We're recording the second half of the episode, with Luke and Nicole, later this month. We're still looking for some more drawers and animators, though I do have three other people contributing now. I also did a call out to any musicians who want to submit theme song, ending credit song, segment jingles, and background music.

Other podcast news:
Lindsey is setting up our Kickstarter page, so soon you will be able to donate money to us and get "fabulous" prizes. If you have suggestions of fun things we could give away to our donors, please let me know. We're still brainstorming!

I downloaded an MP4 converter, which means we should be able to get our show on iTunes for only $15/month (this is why we need donors, by the way). You do not know how thrilled I am that we do not have to upload gigantic AVI files and pay a fortune.

T-shirts and stuff. A variety of Plain Ketchup STUFF is available for purchase on our CafePress site. However, Lindsey and I are looking into cheaper alternatives to order stuff in bulk so we can give our donors, volunteers, and special guests fun things like t-shirts. I have just ordered one from Vistaprint, and I will assess the quality when it arrives.

Widescreen. Podcast is goin' widescreen, my friends. This means a small retooling of the website since I didn't design it to be wide enough to fit widescreen videos. But this does mean that we can make a full magazine spread in a 720x405 screensize. Being a MagCast, this is important.

I am also creating a drawing tutorial for anyone who wishes to submit artwork to us. Watch the progress here.

If you visit our Bios page on the website (plainketchuppodcast.com), you will see that I've cut our character intro (auditions) animation into parts to serve as cast bios.

We are also looking into both Google Adsense and Google Adwords.

Also, it's pretty much agreed I have the coolest family ever:

No comments: