Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Birdland

Last night was Cast Party at Birdland, which is a Broadway-themed open mic night. This happens every Monday night, but last night was the only night they'd be promoting a book that I'm the publicist for. The guy who wrote the foreword, who coincedentally is also one of my authors, gave out some books to people who answered trivia questions correctly. Also, the performances were amazing! Everything from hits like Singin' in the Rain and Georgia on my Mind to lesser known comedic numbers. One guy even played the violin and piano at the same time--outstanding. And then there was one woman who I can't even describe properly, so I took some video for you (below). She played the piano well. But the only lyrics to the song she wrote were "Calamity Jane" over and over for ten minutes before the host had to cut her off. It was the strangest thing and I couldn't help but laugh myself to tears. But almost every single person who performed is a star--either on Broadway or Off-Broadway or even Australian TV. Including the actor who currently plays Lurch in the Addams Family on Broadway. Such amazing talent. Everyone had a really great time.


Here's some photos.



More videos on Facebook


No comments: