Sunday, September 12, 2010

Weekend with Melissa

What a super weekend! Melissa came to visit from Philadelphia and we spent most of the weekend playing in the city. We went to some markets, had goats milk ice cream, I got my own private concert of Melissa's songs when we went into Guitar Center (I will tell you all about her CD and my involvement in it when it is on sale), we got free dinner for finding a roach in the pasta (we should have told the waitress we didn't want the full New York Experience), and went to see Let's Have a Ball at the Upright Citizens Brigade. These guys were so hilarious. And one of them I recognized from TV (2 Guys and a Girl, Tenacious D, among other things). After the show, we hung out in Borders, waiting for our train. I started reading the third Hunger Games book, which I suppose I will end up buying at some point. Then I had what I can only think of as an anxiety attack for absolutely no reason, which was basically when I went to sleep, every time I started to fall asleep, I would jolt awake. That was annoying until 5am.
On Sunday, we went to the Brooklyn Book Festival. Lunch was White Castle, which I have not eaten before. Melissa was very excited because they don't have them in Philly. They don't have them in Wisconsin either. Before it started raining, we wandered the festival, browsing the tables. Jill from Archipelago did a talk on the International Stage (see photo: she's in blue on the right). And then just before leaving, we went over to the Freebird tent for Eric's book signing and said hello (see photo below).



Then it rained, so we decided to try to get Melissa on the earlier bus, which meant standing in the rain for an hour, and the guy still didn't want to let her on the bus! But thankfully another guy came along and let her on. I went back to my apartment and passed out for two hours. What an exciting weekend.

No comments: