Sunday, September 05, 2010

The Play's The Thing

Went and saw a play tonight. Great all around from the acting to the staging to the beautifully written language. It's called Bright Images and it was just here for one night only. I think I may see that Danny Kaye play in Brooklyn that I didn't get around to seeing last year.

After the play, I went to an Itlian restaurant with the director, playwright, and their families and had lovely chat--music and art and spirituality. It was a refreshing night out. But I've had caffeine after 3:00 and may never sleep again. It's 12:30am, so happy labor day.



I didn't mention this before because I was just so annoyed, but my favorite Barnes and Noble--or at least a tie with the one in Union Square--is shutting down because they can't afford the space anymore. Hey, realtors: If the richest book store in America can't afford your space, who can? It's B&N Lincoln Triange. Yeah, this is where I met Zoe Caldwell and Spike Lee and various other people. They have such a great event space. I was envious of the guy who's in charge of organizing all their events (practically one every day some months!) because that would be a really fun job. But now they're taking it away. Boo.

No comments: