Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Podcast news


I need to tell you some new things regarding the We're NOT John Stamos podcast. Lindsey and I have been chatting a lot and we're ready to make this thing bigger. We had our first three episodes, but now we're readying to increase quality by me getting better animation software and by inviting guest stars.

Software
I tried Flash and after an hour, I couldn't get the green ball to move across the screen. I tried Anime Studio and in half an hour, I got a cartoon girl to dance around my screen. I think I'm going to buy this one.

Guests
We'll try to get some guests of funny people that we know to start off with in while we're working out the kinks of our program. Then we're going to up it to YouTube stars and comedians. Maybe even other people like musical guests--who knows. I wrote a nifty press release. Lindsey and I are compiling lists of guests as we speak. Assuming Luke and Nicole are still game, it will probably be the four of us plus a guest.

Skype
The problem is that the four of us are scattered across three cities, so we'll need to use Skype. Who knows a cheap way to record Skype conversations? We also have to make sure that all of our computers have decent enough microphones or else it will sound bad. This also means that our guests will need good mics on their computers. I wonder if I should buy a cheap but decent Skype mic/headset to UPS to our guests to borrow and then ship back. These are all things we have to work out before letting any special guests on the show.

Social Media
We're on Facebook: www.facebook.com/werenotjohn
We're on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/channels/werenotjohn
We're online: http://werenotjohn.blogspot.com/
I'm trying to get it on iTunes but it seems...complicated

No comments: