Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Plus One

Somehow I managed to get hooked on this 2009 British sitcom called Plus One (which you can watch on YouTube). Thankfully (I guess) it's only two and a half hours long in total. I found it by mistake because it was linked from an Ashes to Ashes thing since Plus One stars Daniel Mays who I've recently come to appreciate from his performance as Keats in A2A. But he can do comedy too. It's not even a particularly clever show, and it's a bit low brow for my taste, but it is undeniably funny, if a bit in poor taste sometimes. I'm just imagining how fun it would have been to write. Okay, you have a bunch of celebrities at your disposal--now make up a light-hearted story to go around it and just do ridiculous things.




The premise of the show is that Rob's girlfriend dumps him for a pop star and then Rob gets invited to their wedding. He spends the entire five episodes trying to find an impressive plus one (a date to the wedding) to get revenge.

Clips:
The first few minutes: Mr. Black vs. from Blue
Rob getting his shoes stollen
Rob showing off dancing
Rebecca's boyfriends

No comments: